Sunday, April 29, 2012

first thing


"...acknowledge the God of your father, and serve Him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts."

1 Chronicles 28:9

Acknowledging God first thing every morning transforms our day. I try to begin my day by reconfirming His authority over me and submitting to Him as Lord in advance of my daily circumstances. When I begin my day without settling the matter of authority, I am usually a train wreck by noon. Remember, any day not surrendered to the Spirit of God will automatically default to the flesh. (Galatians 5:16-17). Spiritual living does not come naturally - sin does. The first step to victory is acknowledging the authority of God in our lives.

~Beth Moore
David, Seeking a Heart Like His