Monday, March 12, 2012

prize of my heart


I think this is the most romantic book cover. It contains so many elements I love - the unbound hair, the pink gown, her expectant expression, the ship!! Everything is lovely and appealing and indicative of the time period. And the author, Lisa Norato, is just as winsome:) We're in a writers group together and she hails from a richly historic place in Rhode Island. I can hardly wait to read the book!

Her debut novel, Prize of My Heart, has just released and we're having a party to help celebrate at Colonial Quills. I'll close comments here in hopes of seeing you over there. There's lots of fun, giveaways, and fellowship going on!

Here's the first line from chapter one...

Duxboro, Massachusetts, 1815


Captain Brogan Talvis was rounding the stern of his newly constructed square-rigged ship when, from across the shipyard, the sight of a young woman took him aback.


Happy Monday!