Thursday, January 5, 2012

a little loveliness

I think the best thing about being an author is meeting people you wouldn't know otherwise. And sometimes the people are so lovely you can't keep them to yourself:) Melissa Lester is one of them. Not long ago she read Courting Morrow Little which she's hosting for her winter book club selection. When I found this out I visited her website and blog and oh my!

She's an author, too, and has written a wonderful book that embodies her ministry, Giving for All It's Worth. Melissa is all about giving. If you spend even a few minutes at her site you'll discover the Lord has given her the gift of hospitality. Four beautiful children. And oodles of creativity!

Another reader said to me recently, "I'm inspired and made glad when I look at beautiful things." Me, too. This wonderful book and handmade velvet bookmark came at a time when I needed them most. I was in want of a little loveliness as there had been some things happening in my world that weren't so lovely. I felt the Lord reminding me He can create beauty from ashes and the oil of joy from mourning. And He has!

I hope you'll be inspired and made glad if you visit Melissa, too.