Sunday, September 11, 2011

what's next...

Recently readers have been asking me what's next. So I thought I'd give you a little update on writing...

On September 1st I submitted the first book in my new series, The Ballantyne Legacy, to my editor. She'll read it and see if there are any changes to be made. Yes, it's a skittish wait. I've had 2 books that didn't have edits/editorial letters and one that required several weeks of rewrites. I'll leave you to guess which was which;)

Right now Revell is deciding on a title for this new book and the art team is considering the cover. I've been asked for my preferences regarding both and I was able to give some suggestions. I think this next one will look very different than the previous three. I should have both title and cover for you this fall. Then next year you'll see it on shelves. Stay tuned for some historical fireworks with this new series! Am hoping it gives you a sleepless night or two...

I've also begun book 2 in the series. This time I've had to leave my beloved 18th-century behind and make the leap into the 19th. The story begins in 1822 and I'm finding it oh so...civilized. Am just a few chapters in and already the characters are taking me places I had no intention of going... And not a fort or soldier or settler in sight!

Recently I've been blessed with two more reader pics. Roxanna looks right at home by the bust of George Washington and the miniature Liberty Bell. This is from the Providence Forum offices in Pennsylvania, home/host of the tour I took of historic Philadelphia this summer. If you're looking for an amazing, educational, Spirit-led tour, please visit their website as another tour is in the making for next summer. Bless you, Lori, for the pic!

And last but not least is my dear friend, Patti, in Kentucky. Love the shirt! I've met so many people through my books and Patti is one of the dearest. She's a voracious reader and writer herself. And has the cutest grandkids on the planet!

And now, just when you thought there couldn't possibly be another giveaway, there is! Buzz on over to Mary's at her winsome site and join in the fun. If you'd like to enter for a friend or relative, please do! I'll close comments here in hopes to see you there!