Tuesday, March 3, 2009

read across america week

We're now into Read Across America Week and I'm so glad to be a bibliophile! I've been saving a treasure of a book by James Alexander Thom, an autographed copy of Sign-Talker. It's a fictionalized account of the adventures of George Drouillard on the Lewis and Clark Expedition, which I can't seem to get enough of. Now's the time! Sometimes I dream of getting lost in Indiana and finding Thom's cabin in the hills. I think I came close last August when I got lost trying to find Locust Grove in Louisville, remember? It was the best being lost experience I've ever had!

I shouldn't be reading Thom and perusing these pages of TFD with a deadline looming but I'm learning to juggle all these books. I didn't say I liked it but I'm learning! I prefer to stay with one book at a time, but now I'm working on all three at once again. It's a little bewildering at times but The Frontiersman's Daughter is at the very end of production, Red River Daughter is being edited heavily by me before the August deadline, and I'm only 221 pages into The Scrivener's Daughter which is first draft material thus far. Stranger still, I keep having these flashes of book 4 which I welcome, but please, maybe not this soon!

Right now I am chuckling at Stephen King who said, "By the time a book is actually in print, I've been over it a dozen times or more, can quote whole passages, and only wish the #@&!? old smelly thing would go away."

See, I told you he had a sense of humor! And I'm pleased to say that I came close to that when I was a galleys slave last Christmas but this present read-through is pretty fine, thanks to the hard work in December. I'm not complaining, mind you, just reminiscing. This is all still over the rainbow stuff to me:) And He gets all the credit.





2 comments: