Thursday, February 19, 2009

fun, fun, fun


Whew! Just when I think our lives are dull, we get a house full of company! It has been fun, fun, fun but half the fun will depart tomorrow - my brother leaves in the morning. But Momma we keep for another week. This is missions week at our church and Chris has been the guest missionary. He preached on Sunday and has spoken with youth groups this week and then finishes up by speaking at a banquet tonight. Needless to say, he won't be unveiling his tattoo for this conservative crowd! Although my boys loved it:) www.irwinsinspain.com

I never did get around to making those egg rolls but we've had plenty of northwest fare - crab cakes, salmon fettuccine, crab-stuffed mushrooms, prawns, calamari (ick!), grilled shrimp, clams, etc. So now that we're all sick of seafood we can fast! I don't think I'll eat for a week after today. I'm becoming quite fluffy. Taste and see that the Lord is good... Psalm 34:8

We are now teetering on the verge of wireless! A tech is coming to the house this afternoon (seeing is believing) to unchain us from dial-up. Stay tuned.

The preaching of the gospel awakens an intense resentment because it must reveal that I am unholy; but it also awakens an intense craving. - Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment