Sunday, February 15, 2009

busy days and being thankful

Yesterday I had one of those Saturdays where you just don't sit down. But it's good for me as I have days where I don't move far from my writing chair. After breakfast I took Wyatt to town for a nursing home sing. This always make me so thankful for present blessings and reminds me that I may be a resident myself one day. The way time is passing, and the harder it is for me to get out of my writing chair, it might be sooner than I think.

Next we went to basketball practice, then home to pick up Paul for a fiddling gig down in Sequim. He wasn't playing, just enjoying the music. Picked up some Valentine's cupcakes to share there and snuck in a Starbuck's coffee. After a couple of hours of fiddling, we started back home and picked up a Porky Pig Pizza (bbq style!) on the way for Randy. Once home I exchanged Paul for Wyatt and went to the Valentine's banquet at church. It was all fun, fun, fun! But if I had to do it very much it would not be fun, fun, fun:(

In fact, I had dreaded this Saturday. Being away from home wears me out. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the writings of George Macdonald:

... You have a disagreeable duty to do at twelve o'clock. Do not blacken nine and ten and eleven, and all between, with the color of twelve. Do the work of each, and reap your reward in peace. So when the dreaded moment in the future becomes the present, you shall meet it walking in the light, and that light will overcome its darkness.

So if I broke the day down into pieces, my favorite hours were spent at the fiddling gig and the Valentine's banquet. Yet I had nearly blackened the entire day with dread beforehand. Shame on me! And at day's end I felt energized instead of tired. And very thankful I don't have another day like it for months and months.

I have a big surprise sitting in my living room which I will tell you about tomorrow:) I think it will amuse you as much as it amuses me.

2 comments:

  1. You are so busy!! Can't wait to hear what the surprise is. Hoping you are enjoying your visit with Chris and doesn't your Mom come today? A big surprise for your Mom seeing Chris there. Keep me posted. Have a great day! Lots of cleaning to do here and Seana comes today. Then work 4 12-hr. nights again!! My head is spinning with all I have to do and get ready for but remembering I am blessed in all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so busy yourself! So happy to hear Mark's news! South Carolina sounds good to me and you'll be nearer to family. Time will fly till then!

    ReplyDelete