Saturday, December 27, 2008

post-Christmas bliss


Christmas is over and my living room is filled with Indiana Jones Legos just as my kitchen is full of leftovers. The Christmas trees are looking a little less green and lonesome without presents underneath. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday though I know many struggle this time of year. As I get older I sense the underlying sadness of the season. A writing friend oif mine just lost his wife of many years so I'm sure this will be a bittersweet time for him in future. On the other hand, I know of someone who recently adopted a little girl from Ethiopia and when asked what she was most thankful for over the holidays she said water and love.

I'm most thankful for my family, spread out all over! My brother is in Washington D.C. right now with his family and my parents celebrated quietly in Berea and Lexington, Ky. with my dear cousin, Leslie, and family. My cousin, Lorri, in Russia had a small Christmas as well with her two teens and husband. Wish we could all be together! But it's reassuring to know He is with each of us wherever we are. Read Psalm 139 if you are in any doubt:)

I will be thankful to get these galleys off my desk and back to the editors. I've been meticulous in making changes and think the book is stronger. You do catch some quirky things. One character changed eye color three times in the novel and I finally nailed them and deleted them. I can't believe I overlooked that to begin with but when a book is 425 pages or so strange things happen. Plus it's surprising how many times you can read a text and miss errors. I am even dreaming of The Frontiersman's Daughter at night, no kidding, so time to get back to book 2 and 3!

Yes, it finally did stop snowing on Christmas Day:) If you need a little snow scene, scroll down to my neocounter. Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. That red barn reminds me of one of Papaw's on the farm..........good memories of growing up. Back to the drawing board here....work again and Mark interviewed again today so will let you know should something happen with that. I also got hired for a new job, ha......start the end of January in addition to my current job. Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you all. Can't wait to hear about Mark! Wish I had your nursing stamina! Yes, this "Christmas red" barn brings back wonderful memories. I remember playing in the creek with you between the brick house and the barns on the hill. Then there was that mean ol' bull...
    Talk to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete