Saturday, September 27, 2008

the real world


Since I spend so much time in another world - mainly my imagination - where you control the temperature of everything and everyone, and nothing unpleasant intrudes without your permission, it is sometimes easy to forget about the real world.

But since I read these facts from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, I can't keep them out of my mind, even after going to brunch with a dear friend this morning and shopping for a wedding shower gift and then hearing from my wonderful new author friend, Cheryl St. John, via this blog. It's so easy for me to get so comfortable with my world that I forget about what really matters and why we're here in the first place and why I even write.

Did you know (I didn't)?

*40.6% of the world's population has never heard the Gospel.

*Each day, 350,000 people are born and nearly 150,000 (about the population of Eugene, Oregon) die.

*Only 10,000 missionaries are currently working among the unreached. At least 35,000 missionaries are needed to accomplish the task.


Chances are you know of a missionary or are related to one or help support one or have been on a mission trip. The least we can do is pray for these unreached people and those who seek to reach them in His name. I'm so ashamed that I pray for my brother and his family as they minister in Ecuador (soon to be Spain) but I forget to pray for all the others who do the same. I wonder if their work, and His work, wouldn't be far more effective if we remembered them daily - all of them.

Turn to me and be saved, all the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:22

No comments:

Post a Comment