Thursday, August 7, 2008

fog

The last two days were beautiful, hot, and clear but this morning we've awakened to heavy fog. Hopefully it will fade by the time I get strapped into that little two-seater plane I was telling you about but sometimes it hangs on for days.

When my sun-loving brother was here from Ecuador a couple of years ago he was amazed that it could be so spooky in summer. I think he likened it to Transylvania. Think Dracula. It looks just like that. Only our castle is a little grey house at the end of a long gravel road. But Dracula would be right at home.

I've been to Costco and stocked tons of Nalley's chili for my culinary-challenged husband. I'm no longer worried about the boys since I went out on the deck yesterday and heard Paul whisper loudly to Wyatt just inside, "I can't wait till Mom leaves!" Always a good sign, I think. If nothing else, they have plenty of wild blackberries in the woods and fresh peas in the garden to eat. And they leave for camp on Sunday. They never read this so I can confess I hated camp as a kid just like I hated being a Brownie, but I'm praying the boys enjoy it so much they won't want to come home.

I hope your Thursday is going very well and there are no two-seater planes in your future. Hopefully this time tomorrow I will have my feet firmly planted on airport asphalt in Lexington, Kentucky and headed to Panera's for quiche and coffee! If so, I'll try to post.

But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; any you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. Malachi 4:2








1 comment:

  1. It's Friday 8/8/08 and I hope you made it to Ky. safely and without fog, ha! It's probably hot there as it is here! Have a great time and talk with you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete