Monday, July 7, 2008

delight

Last year I began to study all those intriguing verses in the Bible about delight. It has always baffled me that God wants to delight in us and have us delight in Him.

For then you will delight in the Almighty and lift up your face to God. You will pray to Him, and He will hear you ... Job 22:26-27

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

The steps of a man are established by the Lord and He delights in his way. Psalm 37:23

They drink their fill of the abundance of Your house; and you give them to drink of the river of your delights. Psalm 36:8

Yet they seek Me day by day and delight to know my ways ... they delight in the nearness of God. Isaiah 58:2

This morning I am absolutely delighted by the clear blue sky. Hmmm - that would make a good book title - Clear Blue Sky. And I heard from my editor first thing which always delights me (at least at this stage!). And I had a strong cup of coffee and my boys woke up well and happy. And Randy went off to work. And I have a large stack of research books on my desk which really does make me giddy with glee whenever I look at them. I've always loved research. And in a few minutes I get to clean house and then can sit down to write. And that just covers the first half of the day! Of course not all days are delightful but that just makes me want to savor the ones that truly are.

May He delight your heart in unexpected ways today!


No comments:

Post a Comment