Friday, April 4, 2008

the writing life

imagination: the act or power of forming a mental image of something not present to the senses or never before wholly perceived in reality. a creative ability. a creation of the mind.

I've been wondering where imagination originates. I think it comes straight from heaven. Notice the word power. Imagination is certainly a powerful thing - and I think most people have one so I wonder about the old saying, "He/she has no imagination."

Because it is a gift, I can take little credit for the publishing contract I rec'd in the mail yesterday, the high point of a 40 year old dream. Getting it was more humbling than heady, really! I was/am amazed that He would allow me to share in the joy that is really all about Him anyway. He is such a personal God, wanting to connect with us on all levels.

For years I wished I didn't have an imagination but now things are heating up and life is looking adventuresome and I am thankful He didn't cancel the gift when I complained. So this post is really a huge thank you to Him for allowing me the writing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment