Friday, April 18, 2008

novel covers

I am so excited to see the cover for my first book due for release August of 09. It's historical fiction set in 18th-century Kentucke, which is the correct spelling for that time period. Remember those risque romance covers from years ago? My brother teases me that mine will feature Fabio in a coonskin cap!

There is a lot of work/talent/time spent on the right cover for a book and my publisher, Baker Publishing Group, has produced some very beautiful cover art. I really like the lovely work done on All the Tea in China by Jane Orcutt. I recently ordered a copy from Amazon and have it setting out on my desk - it is that pretty!

Liz Curtis Higgs, one of my favorite authors, said that she cried when she saw the cover of one of her Scottish novels for the first time as it looked exactly like she'd imagined it would be. I don't have any set ideas about mine, being so new to the publishing world. I like surprises! And I'm sure the art dept will do a fine job.

I just hope readers like my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment